|Waring SB10 Professional Immersion Blender, Black|
|Retail Price: $90.00|
|Amazon Price: View Sale Price|
One thing that makes this blender stand out from other blenders is the detachable shaft. Being able to take this shaft off allows for the unit to be thoroughly cleaned, so everything is more sanitary. There is also no worry about the shaft coming detached while being used because it locks into place similar to how mixer blades fit into the mixer base.
- Multi-Purpose Blade – One of the best things about this immersion blender is that the blade is designed to do more than just blend soft foods. This stainless steel blade is not only designed to blend, but it also whips and mixes as well. I would never use this blender to crush ice, even if the manual stated I could. However, this hand held blender does great for milkshakes, baby food, and whip cream.
- Contoured Grip – One problem that I have run into with these handheld blenders is how uncomfortable they are to hold after a long period of time. My hand usually starts to feel funny and get cramped after using them for any length of time. With the contoured grip, my hands never seem to get tired because the handle is just so comfortable.
- Two Different Speeds – Many immersion blenders only come with one speed setting, which is usually fine. However, this one comes with two speeds, which allows me to alternate between the two for better results. The low setting is perfect for adding the finishing touches to whip cream, while the high setting is best for making soups or baby food.
- Blade Guard – One thing that people don’t take into account with immersion blenders is how sharp the blades are, I have known many people to cut themselves on them. This machine comes with a blade guard to help prevent users from cutting themselves, but also to help protect the blade while it is being used to make things.
- Blades Are Very Sharp – This is the only bad thing I can say about this hand held blender. The sharp blades are a good thing because it allows the blender to work efficiently, but the blades even with the blade guard can be dangerous when cleaning the device. I prefer to use a dish brush to clean the blades with just to ensure I don’t accidentally cut myself while washing it.
The Waring Pro SB10 is one of the best immersion blenders on the market. The unit itself is small enough to easily store inside of a drawer, it only measures 4.5 x 4.5 x 16.1 inches. My favorite thing about this device is how small and easy it is to use, not to mention that cleaning it is a breeze when compared to regular full sized blenders.
Price Alert: At the moment Amazon.com is offering free shipping and a 57% discount for the Waring Pro SB10 Professional Immersion Blender. This is a savings of $51.61 off the usual retail price.