As an added bonus, this hand blender replaces a variety of kitchen appliances that I currently own because of the different attachments it comes with. While I haven’t gotten rid of my full size blender I do find myself using the KitchenAid KHB300 more often than I use a full size blender because of how easy it is to use and how much easier it is to clean.
- Accessory Bag – One problem I have had with other kitchen appliances that come with a variety of attachments is keeping everything together. It seems every time I look for a specific attachment or piece it is nowhere to be found. With the accessory bag, I can store everything together, and the drawstring ensures the bag is always closed.
- Mixing Beaker – While I have plenty of storage containers with lids not all of them can be used to mix foods in. The KitchenAid KHB300 comes with a 4-cup mixing beaker that allows me to make a small cup of soup or even a drink directly inside of the mixer. Then the food that I don’t use can also be stored inside the mixing beaker inside the fridge since it comes with a snap-lock lid.
- Various Attachments – Most hand blenders only come with the blending attachment, but this one also comes with a nut chopper attachment and a wire whisk. These added attachments allow me to use the hand blender for a variety of purposes. Plus with how small and easy to use the blender is it is much easier to get this out than my food processor, especially for small batches.
- No-Slip Grip – The no slip grip is a nice feature because it ensures that I won’t accidentally drop the blender while in the process of using it. Not only is the handle a no slip one, but it is also ergonomic, which means that it is still comfortable to hold onto after a being used for a long time.
- Food Splashes – One problem that I had when I first used this blender was food splashing back because I wasn’t being careful. I have successfully blended things directly in the can, but if the power is too high, watery liquids will splash right back out.
Perhaps the best thing with the KitchenAid KHB300 is how small and easy it is to use. This small handheld blender can easily be used for a variety of purposes and is much more user friendly than my bigger food processor. With 9 different power settings, I can easily puree any kind of food, but I can also chop and whip. The lowest power setting whips up some of the best whip cream around, while the medium power setting makes some of the best scrambled eggs. Not only is this offered at a reasonable price, but it also comes with a one-year hassle free warranty.
Price Alert: Right now Amazon.com is offering free shipping and a 40% discount for the KitchenAid KHB300OB Hand Blender. This means their current price is $52.00 cheaper than the usual retail price.