|Blendtec WildSide HP3A Blender - 3 Qt (96 oz) Container & 4" Blade - BLACK|
|Retail Price: $459.95|
|Amazon Price: $474.95|
One of the best things about this blender is that it is made to order. Many people find that to be inconvenient because they have to wait a bit longer to receive the blender, but with how well it works, I definitely think it is worth the wait.
- Square Pitcher – One thing that is different with this blender is the square pitcher, most blenders have some type of round pitcher. I love the square design; it doesn’t affect the blending ability at all and makes it a lot easier to pour. Pouring out of a round pitcher, even with a spout is often messy because the liquid goes everywhere. The square pitcher never has that problem.
- 3 HP Motor – The biggest difference between the Blendtec blenders and the Vitamix ones is how much horsepower the motors have. Both are very powerful blenders, but the Blendtec is a bit more powerful because it offers a 3 HP motor rather than a 2+. Having the stronger motor, I am able to crush ice down to snow cone material in about a minute. In addition, even with the more powerful motor the Blendtec isn’t that loud.
- Easy to clean – No matter if I am simply running some hot soapy water through the blender on the low setting or taking the blender apart to clean it is really simple. I usually take the blender apart once a week to thoroughly clean all of the parts, but in between uses, I simply throw some hot water and a drop or two of soap into the blender and turn it on. Once it is done swishing around, I simply dump out the soapy water and rinse it out and I am ready to go.
- Preprogrammed cycles – Many blenders now come with preprogrammed cycles, but the problem is they only come with a few choices. The Blendtec HP3A comes with 25 preprogrammed cycles, but even better than that is the 4 changeable pre-set buttons.
- Lid – The only issue I have with this blender is the lid that currently comes with it. The problem I have is the holes inside the lid often allow food to leak through the lid creating a mess. If I don’t fill up the blender, this isn’t as big of a problem, but instead I purchased a new jar. Blendtec sells a different jar with the machine that comes with a much better lid.
The Blendtec HP3A comes with a 1500-watt commercial quality motor that offers up to 3 HP. One of the best things about this powerful motor is that it allows me to get all of the vitamins and nutrients out of the fruits and vegetables that I am using because it micronizes the seeds, skins, and even the stems so nothing goes to waste and no chunks are left. The blender even comes with a lifetime warranty on the blade and coupling.
Price Alert: Right now Amazon.com is offering free shipping and a 13% discount for the HP3A Blendtec 3 hp Food Fruit Blender Blend-tec. This means their current price is $65.00 cheaper than the usual retail price.