- Preprogrammed Settings – One thing that I truly enjoy with this blender is the preprogrammed settings it comes with. With these preprogrammed settings, I simply push a button after adding the ingredients and the blender does the rest. The blender will set the speed and the time based on the setting that I want to use.
- Auto Shutoff – Another great feature is the auto shutoff. One thing that I really enjoy with this feature is that if the blender is overloaded, which happens on occasion, the blender will turn itself off so the motor doesn’t burn up. The drawback to this feature though is that you have to wait until the motor cools down to start using it again.
- Stainless Steel Blades – The stainless steel blades are perfect for blenders because of how much liquid they come into contact with. The stainless steel blades are turned b a 3 horsepower motor that can reach up to 29,000 RPMS, which allows the blender to easily crush ice.
- Digital Touch Pad – Not only does the blender come with the preprogrammed settings there is also a pulse button and a speed up and down button on the digital control panel. Having the digital touch pad is nice because there are no knobs or switches to keep clean, simply wipe down the touchpad.
- Lid Holes Too Big – The biggest problem I have found with this blender is that the holes on the side of the plastic piece are too big; they allow food and stuff to splash through. However, even though this is a problem I have found the best solution. I simply ordered the old lids from Blendtec, which have the smaller holes. The old lids fit perfectly on the new machines, and I can now rinse out the blender by shaking water around with my hand over the plastic piece in the center of the lid, not possible with the new lids.
The Blendtec is one of the best blenders on the market and with all of its extra features it is definitely worth the high price tag. The blender comes with a variety of warranties. The motor base comes with a 3-year warranty, while the 64-ounce jar comes with a 1-year warranty. The coupling and stainless steel 2-prong blade comes with a lifetime warranty.
Price Alert: Currently Amazon.com is offering free shipping and a generous 33% discount for the Blendtec TB-621-20 Total Blender. This is a massive savings of $199.01 from the usual retail price so be sure to take advantage of this offer.